Looks like an interesting project.
Mirogox: Mission Crash
A downloadable game for Windows
While I do not intend to include jumpscares, blood, gore, etc. in the game, it is planned to go for a creepy, spooky, surreal, and mysterious atmosphere. You have been warned.
So I'm planning to make a Metroidvania.
It's rather early in development at this point, so a lot could change.
But the plan is a Metroidvania with a world that feels surreal, with non-euclidean map connections, ambient and atmospheric music, retro-style graphics, and just the right amount of hidden items.
This page will be updated with more info as more of the game is done.
NOTE: In the demo, press F7 to remap gamepad controls and F8 to remap keyboard controls. There will probably be more ways to access control remapping in the final version. This game can only be controlled by keyboard and Xbox controllers by default.
To use the Drill Dash, you can double-tap or press down+jump, in addition to selecting it as your weapon. Give it a try!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- The last major ability has been added!Jan 25, 2021
- New plans for how the Mirogox will work (caution: arguably contains spoilers!)Jan 25, 2021
- Flare and fuel added to the gameJan 24, 2021
- Hiatus is over, new version releasedJan 24, 2021
- Gonna take a hiatus, need to make something a bit different for a little bitNov 05, 2020
- I'm considering making a smaller side project for practice's sakeNov 04, 2020
- ...another new build! This time with two new weapons!Oct 25, 2020
- New build, now with slopes!Oct 25, 2020